AMI Project Insights
To achieve multi-vendor compliance, a standardized universal data integration layer was required to aggregate the data streams from various MDCs on a common platform. The MDCs collect metering data directly from their respective AMR meters and push this data into the MDM systems by utilizing the Universal Data Integration layer (UDIL).
KBK was honored to have its part in this revolutionizing initiative by supply, installing and operating an MDM System having the capacity of 100,000 consumers with scale able facility.
The salient system functionalities of KBK MDMS are:
- To communicate with multiple MDCs on defined intervals/schedule for exchange of data packet including meter profiles, grid profiles, alerts, commands and to store the acquired data in the intermediate database.
- To Provide one single interface to end-users for sending commands to meters via MDC and recording of the activity and response in the intermediate database.
- To Provide dashboard to various stakeholders like PITC, DISCOs for access to instant information on key parameters and generate technical reports.
- To Facilitate integration with the billing system, flat file-based or automatically feeding billing determinants for customer invoicing.
- To Introduce web-based customizable dashboard for users to convert data into structured information and develop appropriate analytics.