Government of Punjab (GOP) AMI Project Insights
The Govt. of the Punjab, Energy Department through Reconciliation Cell had decided to install 2820 Nos. LT Type CT Operated AMR energy meters in series with the DISCOs existing billing meters as backup / check meters against the selected locations of Punjab Govt. Departments & its allied agencies. Motive was to record & monitor real time consumption and to compare it with the billing conducted by DISCOs and to raise/resolve the disputes in time as well as efficiently on solid footings.
KBK’s AMI team was handed over a devious challenge of Surveying, Designing, procurement, supply, installation, testing, sealing & securing of 2820 Nos. 0.5 Accuracy class GSM / GPRS enabled energy meter throughout 5 DISCOs of Punjab including LESCO, FESCO, IESCO, GEPCO & MEPCO in a grueling timeline of less than 6 months. Other than supply and installation of 0.5 class LT Type CT operated energy meters.
Core Features of Project
- Supply, installation and commissioning of MDC system at Reconciliation cell, Energy Department, GoP.
- Development of customized end user reporting module as per requirement of GoP
- Provision of Telco communication services along with M2M SIMs for a period of 24 months
- Allied material including Current Transformer, ATBs, Load cables, Control cables, mounting/fixing hardware as per requirement of each site logged during survey
- ISP stream for Data center for a period of 24 months
- Training of the professionals/staff/operators
- Post installation services viz-a-viz operation & maintenance of the complete system for a period of 24 months
With all its allegiance and fidelity KBK’s team not only completed the project before stipulated timeline, it also organized a one week long prototypical training session for more than 200 officials from different DISCOs, departments and agencies of GoP all over the Punjab. This project is a huge landmark for both KBK Electronics and GoP.
KBK also holds the distinction of addressing the complaints/support requisitions within a record mean resolution time of less than 24 hours all over Punjab. Two regional offices, in Multan and Lahore have also been established to deliver even better services to our esteemed clients.